“For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by Him from the wrath of God.” (Romans 5:6-9)
Below is a summary of my notes from a while back regarding those who saw Jesus the Christ after His resurrection. We are witnesses to the chaotic power struggle when gathering a group of people trying to reach an (honest) consensus of events, however, the following verses list those who saw the risen Christ at different times and proclaim that it was, indeed, Him! Hallelujah! Word4it
Order of Christ’s Appearances after His Resurrection (KJV, Ryrie Study Bible):
- Mary Magdalene and other women: Matthew 28:8-10; John 20:11-18; Mark 16:9-10
- Simon (Peter), probably in p.m.: Luke 24:34; 1 Corinthians 15:5-6
- Disciples on Emmaus Rd. toward evening: Luke 24:13-34; Mark 16:12
- Disciples, except Thomas, in Upper Room: Luke 24:36-43; John 20:19-25
- All disciples, including Thomas, the next Sunday night: Mark 16:14; John 20: 26-29
- Seven disciples beside Sea of Galilee: John 21: 1-24
- Apostles and more than 500 brethren + James (The Lord’s ½ brother): 1 Corinthians 15:6-7
- Witnesses to the ascension: Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:19; Luke 24:44-53; Acts 1:3-12.
*Matthew 28; Mark 16; Luke 24; John 20 & 21; Acts 1; 1 Corinthians 15.
1 Timothy 2:5- “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man, Christ Jesus.”
Acts 4:12- “Neither is there salvation in any other, for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
John 14:6- “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
Ephesians 4:5- “One Lord, one faith, one baptism.”